Every time I have the opportunity to make banana bread, I am searching for a moist recipe on line. Well, this one wins the moist contest (tasty too)!!
- (All ingredients should be room tempt.)
- 3 large extra ripe bananas (1½ cups mashed)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½-3/4 cup brown sugar (I used ½ cup)
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened ( 1 stick)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a medium size bowl, mash bananas until creamy and stir in lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour,baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Beat in the eggs until combined.
- Fold in the bananas.
- Add in the vanilla extract and buttermilk.
- Beat until combined.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- STIR GENTLY AND JUST UNTIL THE FLOUR IS INCORPORATED. DO NOT OVER STIR.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake on center rack for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cooking times may vary. Check on bread at the 1 hour mark. Toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean and bread should be golden on the outside.
- Brush the top of the bread with butter if desire when it comes out of the oven.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove the bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
This recipe came from Divas Can Cook which is
Old School Cooking For The Modern Woman.