This is for Ryan who loves cauliflower cooked any different way!
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1 (10 oz) peeled baking potato, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, halved
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. fresh Thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 panko bread crumbs, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. minced fresh chive
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. To prepare cakes, place cauliflower potato and shallots on baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and toss. Bake at 400 for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Place cauliflower mixture in food processor, pulse 10 times or until chopped. Place mixture into bowl and add fontina, thyme, salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and egg stirring well.
Combine panko and parmesan in shallow dish. Using wet hands, shape cauliflower mixture into 8, 1 inch thick patties. Dredge in panko. Place patties on baking sheet and bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until brown.
To prepare sauce, combine sour cream and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in small bowl. Serve cake with sauce.